Call for proposal
Within the project, funds were allocated for co-financing innovative, investment projects that contribute to the reduction of the effects of climate change in the tourism sector. In this regard, three Calls for proposals for co-financing innovative, investment projects that that actively contribute to reducing and mitigating the effects of climate change and CO2 emissions in the tourism sector have been implemented.
The Calls for proposals were implemented by the Chamber of Economy of Montenegro with the aim to encourage the development and implementation of innovative investment projects and initiatives which have measurable contribution to reduction of CO2 emissions within the tourism sector by:
- Applying measures to improve energy efficiency and the use of renewable energy sources,
- Encouraging the development of sustainable eco-friendly public transport systems (replacing the use of fossil fuels in public transport with renewable energy sources such as solar energy and biofuels - eg biodiesel),
- Increasing the level of information and knowledge about the possibilities for reducing CO2 emissions in the tourism sector,
- Facilitating access to financial resources for the realization of projects that measurably contribute to the reduction of CO2 emissions,
- Strengthening cooperation and partnership between local administrations, the private sector and non-governmental organizations.
The conditions of the Call for proposals are:
- Co-financing of a single innovative investment project may amount up to 25% of its total cost
- The maximum amount of financial support to the innovative investment project is € 150,000.
The proposed projects should contribute to the development of tourism through the fulfillment of key criteria relating to:
- Contribution to the tourism development - development of the tourism infrastructure, diversification of supply, development of new tourism products and services
- The ratio of the expected reduction in the level of CO2 emissions compared to the funds invested
- Completed financial concept – the potential user must prove that has the funds available for the realization of the project
- The documentation completeness (project/technical/planning documentation and permits)
- The period for the project/investment implementation – the project must be completed not later than one year after signing the co-financing agreement
- Geographical area - projects on the coast and in the north of Montenegro have priority over the projects from the central region,
- Presence of the gender equality principle and empowerment of the female entrepreneurship.
Results of the Call for proposals
- 32 investment, innovative projects aimed at reducing CO2 emissions in the tourism sector are supported.
- The total value of the supported projects is 10,000,000 EUR, and 757.727 EUR is co-financed.
- Projects are implemented in 11 municipalities in Montenegro.
- 15,343 tons of CO2 are decreased or avoided by energy efficient and renewable energy technologies introduced within projects;
- 20 green jobs have been created realization of supported projects;
- MRV Reports of supported projects are prepared.